I was getting into a good groove. I'm not the best homemaker on the planet. In fact I'm probably not even in the top 500. Since I never wanted to be a homemaker, wife, and mother, it is a daily struggle for me to do this job that God has given me. Nevertheless, when I choose to be joyful in my work, I can actually like it.
So, I felt I was doing a pretty good job. I have been learning that it's ok if something doesn't get finished. If I just keep at it a little at a time, it WILL get finished eventually. I have been learning to not stress about what isn't done or what can't be done or what to do if we get thrown off schedule unexpectedly (really, when does that happen expectedly?). I created a plan for the kids and myself of what should be done on a daily basis, weekly basis, and monthly basis. Some things didn't get done, some things were harder to do than others, but I was feeling like something was getting accomplished and I was slowly putting my house together the way I wanted it.
And it always seems to happen when I'm doing so well in this area. Something not only throws me off schedule but throws me completely out of rhythm to the point that I can't get back on in a day or two. Often times it's an illness. Not this time. This time I decided to hurt my back. Ok, *I* didn't decide to do this, obviously, but somehow, God thought this was a good time to allow my back to endure some sort of a charlie horse and keep me from doing my normal activities for a week.
Well, it hasn't been a week, but it might as well be at this point. It will be difficult to catch up on missed chores and schoolwork, especially if I'm still not 100% yet. Whatever God's purpose is in all of this, I completely trust Him. If I didn't, I'd be really stressed out. Letting go of whatever is on my mind and letting God handle everything gives me peace. I don't have to be in control because He is. I don't have to worry about how things are going to get done, because He knows. I don't have to stress out about getting behind, because He already knew I would face this problem and has planned out my steps for me. Isn't He just an awesome God?
Still, in my human thinking, this is just a bad time for me to be laid up. Or not able to accomplish tasks to my full capabilities. Starting Friday, my summer hits in full swing. And my husband wants to add something else on Saturday - I'm trying to convince him otherwise. It's not working. That's ok, what's one more event that would force me into really cleaning my house in my current injured state? From this weekend on, I will be running around with multiple things dashing through my head all at once until August. Then, I can breathe. For 3 weeks. Then school starts again. That's the usual routine for my summers though.
I just keep thinking, with all the stuff I have going on in the next few months, I don't have time to mess with a sore back. But, it's not like I was already behind and my house was already a horrendous mess. We were doing ok - I could almost accept drop-in visitors without embarrassment. But, as it always seems, just as I get on a good roll, something disrupts it. God just wants to make sure I'm still trusting Him even when things are going well. Funny how that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment