Saturday, June 7, 2014

Memories from 11 years ago

My daughter, K, celebrated her 11th birthday today.  She loves excitement and being in the spotlight.  Her birth was anything but normal!



3 phrases stand out from that day:

"I'm feeling toes."

Silly girl flipped around the night before I started having contractions.  I remember feeling a lot of movement, but I had no idea what she was up to until the following day.

"It's a....it's a....it's a GIRL!"

We never found out the gender of our babies before they were born.  As they pulled her out during the c-section, she was bum-side-up so the doctors couldn't see what she was.  She was too slippery to turn over right away so we waited in anticipation as they were trying to get a look.

"We need help resuscitating."

Because she was born via c-section, she was not breathing.  For those of you familiar with births, her apgar score was around 3.  I don't remember for sure, but it was very low.  It was a frighteningly long 30 seconds as they brought her little body back to life...and we finally heard that precious cry.



Today in celebration of her special day, we made mini pizzas for lunch, went swimming at some friends' house, and ate out at Chicos.  She's saving up for an ipod so she received a lot of money for her birthday.



Here's some special things to know about K:

She is very much a girly girl who isn't afraid to get dirty with the boys.


She loves to dress up, look pretty, do her nails, and beg for makeup - not quite time for that, yet. ;)



She loves pink, and anything that sparkles.



She loves music and loves to sing.  She can memorize a song very easily, even after hearing it only once.



She's not afraid to play rough.  She is competitive and loves it when she can beat her big brother.



She loves Jesus.  She realized her need for a Savior when she was 3 years old and gave her life to Christ.  She desires to share His love with others and prays for the salvation of those who are lost.



I love seeing her grow in the beautiful young woman God is creating her to be.



Happy birthday, K!


No comments:

Post a Comment