Saturday, December 8, 2012

10 years

You may recall a blog I wrote near the beginning of the year about the most difficult year of my life.  10 years ago, we lost 8 family members.  One of those was our baby.

Today was the due date 10 years ago.  I think about that baby often, especially in May, the month we lost it, and now, when it was due.  I miss that baby.  It's strange to me that I could miss someone whom I've never met, never held, never even felt in my womb.  But I do.

Of course, if we had not lost that baby, we would not have K.  I cannot imagine our life without her!  What a joy she brings to our family!  By the time we reached the due date of the baby, I was a couple months pregnant with K.



This flower was given to me in the hospital after they took the baby out.  There's a tiny ring tied onto the ribbon.  There's a shelf in our hallway where I keep this flower.  I think of our baby every time I pass by.  Although I miss it, wishing I could have had the chance to hold it in my arms, I am thankful that it didn't have to suffer in this world of sin and is enjoying the presence of Jesus.

I look forward to meeting that baby in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment