I worked out. I ate healthier. I drank more water. I drank a lot less pop. I quit eating at night. I had one helping of meals. I had small snacks throughout the day. I cut down on junk food.
Nothing worked.
I finally googled "how to lose weight with hypothyroidism." There I discovered that it is nearly impossible.
So, I surrendered. I realized that because of my thyroid, losing weight was probably not going to happen unless I had the money to eat EXTREMELY healthy and had hours of time for exercise. Neither one of those are in abundance in my life.
My hair had grown very long. I was sick of it and Seth has told me more than once he hates my hair long. I knew my goal weight was unreachable so I decided it was time to cut my hair.
Don't get me wrong. I am NOT giving up on being healthy. I still want to workout, eat right, drink water, etc., but now I'm just focusing on being healthy, not losing weight.
I also thought that I could donate my hair. I did some research on various companies that use donated hair to make wigs for those who have no hair of their own for whatever reason. I settled on Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
Here is my hair the day I got it cut. I think this is the longest I've ever had it.
She cut it in pig tails.
Right after the cut.
It was done! No turning back now.
I was able to donate 10 inches, but I wasn't too thrilled with how it turned out. Neither was Seth or the kids.
This is what it was supposed to look like.
But I got this instead.
This is my mom. I looked so much like her that the kids called my "grandma" all day and Seth refused to look at me. Hmmm, I had to do something!
I styled it differently. Which I liked better, but still, too much like my mom.
So, tonight, I dyed it. It's a little redder than what I was hoping for, but at least I don't look so much like my mom that Seth can't look at me. Haha He now says I look like my cousin, Amber. Seth wants me to put in some highlights. We'll see.
For now, this is my hair. I'm glad I was able to donate it. I never thought I would be able to grow out my hair long enough to do that. It will take some getting used to, but I'm really ok with it. Now to convince K...

No comments:
Post a Comment