Thursday, May 30, 2013

Coffee part 2

Back in October of 2011, I wrote a little blog on Coffee .

Well, wouldn't you know it, there's been a bit of a change in this house!  Let me start at the beginning...

Neither Seth nor I drank coffee.  My parents do not drink coffee.  Seth's parents do.  I have had coffee occasionally.  Seth couldn't stand the stuff.

A few weeks ago, Seth and our son left early on a Saturday morning to work at a camp to help get it ready for summer.  J ordered a mocha from McDonald's.  Seth was surprised that he not only ordered it, but also drank it.  So, Seth decided to try some himself.

He fell in love.

My husband left that morning a coffee-hater and returned a coffee-lover.  Whaaaat?

He then found himself getting a coffee at work, discovering the difference between "good" coffee and "bad" coffee, knowing which coffees to get and which ones to avoid, and craving a good cup of coffee.

He eventual broke down and bought himself a coffee maker.

Yep, this is now in my house:
 
 
And these:

 


I have not tried it yet.  Seth and all 3 kids have had some.  I do have some good reasons why I have not tried it yet...and I do mean "yet" because I want to try it.  But, I don't know how to work it and Seth is gone before I get up in the mornings.  I cannot do caffeine in the evenings.  And I didn't know how my new gallbaldder-free body would react when he first brought it home.  I think I will be ok now so whenever he's home in the morning and making himself a cup, I'm going to ask if he'll make a cup for me, too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment