Life has really picked up and gotten busy! With VBS coming up next month, we've started our skit rehearsals. We're trying to get as much school done as possible. And I'm trying to plan K's 10th birthday party. If that's not enough to juggle...
My sister had a baby girl!
I had my gallbladder removed and I'm still recovering.
We went to J's Middle school for an open house and discovered information we were not happy with, but we do think this is the right school for our children as they each reach this age. He already knows his way around the school better than I do!
My parents have been in town, my mom has been here for a week and my dad will be returning to Wichita tonight to see the new grandbaby. That makes a total of 11 grandkids! More company could be coming soon.
My sister-in-law is also expecting and she is due in November.
My niece is graduating from high school.
2 of my Sunday School students are graduating from high school.
My thirty-one business is going extremely well!
BSF is about to end. Due to my surgery, I don't know if Little A and I will make it to the last one (tonight). I'm kinda sad about that. It has been an amazing study in the book of Genesis. No matter how well I know some of those stories, I love discovering new things within them. God is always teaching. :)
Both the older 2 have June birthdays and will be going to camp in June, right before our VBS.
Our license plate got stolen a few weeks ago, completely destroying the plans of that day. We got it replaced. It reminded me of the time my family was on vacation out east. We were driving on the NJ turnpike when we heard a loud BANG! If I recall correctly, we were passing a semi truck at the time. I have no idea if that had anything to do with it, but obviously, something was wrong with our van. So, we pulled off the next exit and took it to get fixed. Meanwhile, we had to find a place to stay. We are tent campers but since this was an unplanned stop, we stayed in a hotel. The next morning, as we were packing the van, we noticed our license plates were gone. Screws were left on the ground. Then, we had to go to the police station. Since this was near the beginning of our trip, we still had about a week and a half of driving around NJ, MA, NY, and elseswhere without plates! We made up a cardboard plate with the stolen number and put it in our back window. We were warned that driving around with a plate number that was reported stolen might cause us to get pulled over a few times. Thankfully, that never happened. Although, we did have a cop follow us for a while at one point. It is because of this incident that my family has a bit of a grudge towards New Jersey. Don't worry, it's mostly just a joke to us.
I bought a new desk to help organize my business and hopefully our school supplies for next year.
Our TV went out and we bought a new one.
I'm singing with the choir at our church.
Little A has lost 2 teeth and she got a haircut. Since she no longer has her 2 front teeth on the top, she looks and sounds so much differently than she did a week ago!
And I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting! This just covers my last blog to the end of June. In July, we're planning on driving to Boston!
How on earth do I handle everything? Well, God has been teaching me to let things go. I have to choose to not stress out. I have to choose to go with the flow. I have to choose to not get upset when things don't go as *I* have planned. I have to choose to let God handle the details and to trust Him. If I start to feel overwhelmed, then I'm trying to do God's job.
If I were feeling up to it, I'd post some pics, because I have some! But, maybe that will have to wait until I am a little more mobile.
It's been a crazy couple of weeks, more craziness on its way. But it's a lot better than sitting around being bored!
Enjoy the life God has given you right now and He will bless you beyond your imagination.
No comments:
Post a Comment