Tuesday, December 31, 2013

There's a 7-year-old in the House

As if the Christmas season isn't busy enough!  lol  Little A made her grand entrance into the world 7 years ago.  I remember waiting and expecting her to be early.  She wasn't.  Looking back, I'm glad she wasn't born before Christmas.  She waited until after Christmas.

We have had a busy few weeks.  The kids and I were getting ready to head to Iowa to spend Christmas with my family while Seth had to stay here to work.  In the process of getting ready, we were in a car accident.  In our new car.  Which isn't registered yet.  With new insurance.  Suddenly, everything I thought I had to do no longer seemed necessary.  No one was hurt.  We thank the Lord for that.

After the car was fixed, we headed up to Iowa.  And we brought an illness that we didn't even know we were carrying.  J and A both had coughs, but J's developed into something more.  He ended up getting a fever and getting sick.  Then K got a fever.  My sister got a fever.  My cousin's son got a fever.  The day we came back to Wichita, A had a fever and I was feeling dizzy.  Later I learned that my mom, grandma, and bro-in-law all came down with it as well.  Ooops.  I did not mean to bring this flu to Iowa and pass it around!  I'm so sorry, Iowa family.

Once we returned, I knew I had a lot to do before I could rest and let this sickness take me down.  On the long drive home, I was fighting chills and sweats, but still no fever.  The day after, I had to finish getting stuff ready for our own family Christmas.  On Saturday, we had our Christmas.  We were mostly feeling ok.

Then, I had to get ready for Little A's birthday on Sunday.  I spent 2 1/2 hours running around Wichita, and not completely well.  I was completely spent when I made it back home.

Sunday was the big day!  Seth went to church while us sickies got some rest at home.  Little A requested chicken alfredo for lunch - the frozen kind.  No complaints here!  We enjoyed lunch and at some point, we all took a nap.

Little A was getting worse throughout the day.  Her fever returned and she was feeling awful.  I brought her presents to her and she opened them, showing little excitement as she was miserable.  She gave a hint of a smile for things she liked.

(Apologies for the poor picture quality.  I need a new camera.)





She also received a gift from our friends at church.  It was so sweet of them to think of her and they were sad they didn't get to see her at church on her birthday.  She loves the clothes.

Oreo pie and enchiladas were on the menu, but Little A ended up getting sick so we decided to hold off on the rest of her birthday.

Yesterday, she seemed to be feeling better.  We enjoyed the enchildas for supper and had pie and ice cream afterwards.  But, Little A still couldn't keep it all down.  :(  It was a bummer of a birthday for her, but we did our best to celebrate her turning 7.

We're feeling a little better today.  Little A and I slept on the couches last night.  I doubt we will be ringing in the New Year tonight with a bunch of finger foods.  Perhaps a family movie and our Christmas goodies we got in our stockings.  And maybe we will all feel better in time for school to start up again.

It's hard to believe our baby is 7 years old now.  That is the age I accepted Jesus' gift of salvation for myself.  I do not know where Little A stands with the Lord.  She can answer all the questions correctly and say the right things, but I don't know if she has made a personal choice to follow Him.  I pray that she has or will very soon.

Happy birthday, Little A!  I hope this year is a great one for you!  I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment