It kills me every time I read about snow in Iowa, Idaho, or even other parts of the country while I live in the snowless Kansas. But on November 8, we had our first snow of the season!!! It's a bit unusual to get it this early but all of us were just ecstatic!
It had been raining for 2 days straight. We all knew there was a chance of it turning into snow late that night, but I figured it probably wouldn't and if it did, it will actually be freezing rain or something along that line. The kids were in bed and Seth and I were just hanging out. J suddenly yells from his room "IT'S SNOWING!!!!"
Everyone ran to the front door and went outside to stand on our porch. All 5 of us screamed with excitement - I'm sure waking up our entire neighborhood - as we watched huge snowflakes float to the ground. The kids, in their jammies, ran back inside and grabbed their coats. Seth and I just stood in awe. It was snowing. The flakes were so big and beautiful. And it was sticking!!! After we decided that our feet were too cold to stand out there any longer, (we were both in bare feet! lol) we came back in. But the kids stayed outside and played in the snow, in their jammies, at 11:00 at night. :)
And how could I not let them? It was the first snow of the season. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was actually sticking to the ground. And it was perfect snow for making snowballs.
I let the kids have their fun but then it was time for them to go to bed. But we'd all go to bed happy. It snowed in Kansas in November and it was sticking to the ground. Now, it didn't last long. Shortly after the kids came inside it quit snowing and turned back to rain which then melted all the snow that had accumulated. But nothing could bring down my mood at that point. I'll take all the snow I can get. I may get a few glares from my friends who know I've been praying for it but I don't care. If I have to suffer through the allergies of spring and the heat and bugs of summer, I certainly deserve my snowy winter.I always thank God for the snow. I no longer take it for granted and on somedays, I think He's letting it snow just for me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment