Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Goodbyes are hard

I was hoping to return from Thanksgiving break with a wonderful blog full of our fun weekend.  But that blog will have to wait.  Right now, my heart is sad...broken.

My brother-in-law to-be lost his grandparents this week.  They were in a car accident last week.  My heart aches for that family.  And the woman involved in the accident was in my class in school.  I cannot imagine what she must feeling.  I am praying for all of them.

A friend of my sister lost her brother this morning.  He was battling cancer.  I never met him.  But I just cannot fathom losing a sibling.

And we are dealing with our own heartbreak at home.  My daughter's rabbit has died.  We had her for just over a year.  K was so sad to have to say goodbye to her.  We all were.

So, it's been a hard week.  The Lord gives and He takes away.  His timing is perfect.  His ways are best.  I may not understand it all right now, but I have to believe in His promises.  He knows the big picture and I have to trust that He is doing and allowing exactly what needs to be done.  We would appreciate your prayers.  And please pray for the others I have mentioned as losing grandparents and siblings is much harder than losing a pet.  God is capable of giving hugs and your prayers will be a part of that.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment