As we looked at the calendar to decide which week for them to go to camp at Kansas Bible Camp, we had 3 options: during K's birthday, starting on J's birthday, or during our VBS. They both wanted to go during K's birthday.
So, today, I sit in a nearly empty house and mostly quiet as it is just me and Little A. I know they are both having fun. But I sure do miss my K and hugging her and telling her happy birthday. That's all I wanted to do this morning when I woke up.
Her big brother was almost 2 years old when she was born. That was a very emotional birth. Long story short: flipped around the night before I went into labor, started coming feet first, emergency c-section, wasn't breathing, began to cry, my life would never be the same. At 6 lbs 14 oz and 17 in. long, she was my little bundle of spunk!
Her personality came out quickly. She is not quite a year old here and you can see she loves to be the center of attention - as long as she brings it on herself. She sings, she dances, she is queen. She began talking around this time. People stopped in stores to ask how old she was because she talked so well at such a young age.
Here, at nearly 2, she and her brother decided to spread lotion onto our bed. Wasn't that nice of them? K is the one who always has the "great ideas" and naturally takes the lead.
On her third birthday, she dressed up in her prettiest dress because she is the princess of all princesses. That was our first year being in the Toys R Us birthday club so we went to Toys R Us to spend birthday money. She wore a crown and several people told her happy birthday. She had a ball.
At almost 4 years old, she is now a big sister. She isn't afraid to be herself and let her goofiness come through. She may be my sister's mini-Amanda, but she gets a lot of her goofiness from me.
At 5 years old, she LOVED to dress up. And still does. She gets that from me, too.
After she turned 6, she got to celebrate her birthday in Idaho. She helped her grandma make her birthday cake. Of course she gets to lick the beaters.
For her 7th birthday, she finally got a big bike. She loves her bike. She keeps asking for accessories. Now she has a horn.
We have been told that her name means "beautiful". Doesn't she fit her name? At 8 years old, she had lost a few teeth but she still has a smile that can light up a room.
This is the last day I saw her. We left her and her brother at camp. She was excited and nervous but I hear she is having fun. I even got a letter from her today. It helped make today a little better.
A few K-isms...
3 years old: She told me she was painting in the kitchen. She was....with ketchup.
3 years old: She comes into our bedroom with blue and green marker striped all over her. "We wanted to be tigers."
Almost 4: She prayed this prayer, "God and Jesus, thank You for saving my life. Thank You that I can go to heaven and live with Jesus. Amen."
4 years old: While watching the Prince of Egypt, she began crying. "That girl had to give Moses away."
4 years old: While tossing a ball up and down the stairs with J, "Exit the game, I have to go potty!"
4 years old: When my mom visiting, she asked where we wanted to eat. K responded, "The one with the farm!" Confused my mom asked what she meant. "Old MacDonald's!"
Almost 5: K pushes the emergency exit at McDonald's. "I'm sorry! I didn't know!"
5 years old: After seeing a man with a spiked mohawk she says, "He looks like a dinosaur!"
5 years old: After I commented on how thoughtful she was for getting a drink for her dad she says, "I'm being serveful, Mommy!"
5 years old: She prays, "And when I get fat and old, I want to die and go to heaven. Amen."
6 years old: After coming home from VBS and seeing that her huge decorative castle wall sticker was on the floor in pieces, "Awww, my castle! Alie must have done it. But it's a treasure that doesn't last."
6 years old: "I know how God put the wool on the sheep. He takes snow, because it's white, heats up and then puts it on the naked sheep!"
6 years old: After J accused her of pushing him for no reason, "Yes I did. I pushed him for a reason."
7 years old: "Mom, you're a perfect Mom. Because you're pretty and nice."
Happy birthday, K!! I love you!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment