After I posted J's birthday blog, I realized I had forgotten to add a few things like I did with K's. I like to keep things the same with my kids. When J was born, he was 6 lbs 12 oz, 20 inches long.
And here are a few J-isms:
At 5 years old - He had a little "girlfriend" at church and made very specific plans about where they were going to live and how many babies they would have. He even named their babies, "The first one is Aladdin. Number 2 baby is Jasmine. Number 3 baby is Holly Pocket. And number 4 baby is Barbie."
5 years old - "Mom, wanna see something cool?!?!" I walk into the bathroom and he points to his #2 in the toilet. "Look, it's Larryboy!" Yes, it was shaped just like that.
Almost 6 years old - After asking God a question he says, "Is that a yes or a no?"
6 years old - Our garbage bin had been mysteriously brought to the curb on the correct night for the garbage truck to take it the next morning. After the garbage man came, J said, "I need to go outside to bring the garbage thing back by the garage." He had done it by himself without any prompting!
6 years old - After spitting his toothpaste into the trash in the kitchen he says, "I forgot there was a sink in front of me. "
6 years old - Little A had thrown up in bed so J and K came to get us. Then J says, "I'm going to pray for (A) right now!" And both kids rush into their room and pray together as I cleaned up the mess.
Almost 8 years old - K was talking about some other singers and said they were the best singers in the world, to which J replies, "Don't say that about yourself, (K). YOU'RE the best singer."
8 years old - "God, help me not to panic when I get baptized."
Almost 9 years old - Just as we walk inside Aldi he says, "I'm not wearing any shorts." Long t-shirt covered him but shorts is still a must!
9 years old - When J threatened to call 9-1-1 on his sister for calling him names, I told him it was only for something serious. He responds, "It was serious to me!"
No comments:
Post a Comment