Dreams can be such a funny thing. They say that everyone dreams several dreams every night and they don't last nearly as long as we think they do. I don't know how accurate that is. I do know that if I dream, I usually don't remember dreaming.
Some dreams have me boggled. I wake up wondering, "why on earth did I dream about THAT?" Others, I can tie in together what may have been going through my head. Then there's those dreams that you aren't sure really are a dream until you've been awake for a few hours or more. I find myself questioning the dream all day, "Did that happen or was that a dream?" The ones I hate the most are the ones I realize that I'm dreaming while still dreaming and I can't wake up.
Last night I had one of those dreams that just boggled me. I have no idea where it came from. Seth and I were driving somewhere with Little A. I don't know where the other 2 kids were. We were going somewhere to find a place to land a small plane....I think. It had something to do with landing a plane anyway. But, on the way there, we had to drive up this very steep mountainous road. It was too steep for our minivan. After making a few attempts, Seth realized that we couldn't go any further and we were about to lose our van.
"Get out!!!" Get out of the van, now!!"
I sat there, thinking, "What about Little A? She's buckeled in the back seat! How are we going to get her out in time?"
Next thing I know, I'm standing on the road with Seth, watching our van tumble down the side of the mountain with Little A inside. It was terrifying. Seth and I followed the van down the mountain as it fell apart before our eyes. Next we see Little A flying, bouncing, rolling in her seat as the van had completely broke apart into a thousand pieces around her. Finally, her seat slowed down and came to rest right side up with Little A safely inside.
I just knew that she would be hurt, scared, crying. Seth and I got to her and she looks up at us with her beautiful smile and says in her typical wonderment, "I didn't know my seat could do that!" We were thrilled to see that she was unharmed.
(On a side note: in reality she sits in a booster seat so when the van crumbled around her, she would not have been still buckeled to her seat but loosed with it and falling freely. In the dream, it seems she was still somehow buckeled in.)
We suddenling find ourselves in a small town with no transportation, money, or anything that was left in the van. We have barely enough cash on us to buy ourselves a meal before we walk to the next town....which happened to be my hometown in Iowa.
I kept asking Seth why we couldn't call 9-1-1 or the insurance company or anything to help us out. Since no one was hurt, we didn't call 9-1-1. And since it was technically Seth's fault we lost the van, he didn't think insurance could do anything.
And that was it. The end. No more dream.
I woke up confused, wondering why I would dream such a thing. But at the same time very thankful that it was just a dream! And thankful that we have our van, although it is old and more things are breaking down on it. And thankful that we have Little A.
No comments:
Post a Comment