We decided we wanted to do some souvenir shopping so we headed to the little shopping area of Rockport. At first, we thought it would just be a few of us, but everyone wanted to go. Once there, we all split up, doing our own thing. I found my own lunch and then joined the group Little A was with for lunch. After we finished eating, Little A and I took off to shop.
In the first store, Little A found herself a beautiful stuffed snow owl. She's been an owl lover since she was little - before owls were the thing to have. I enjoyed looking at different things in the stores, but nothing jumped out at me. What I really wanted was a shirt, not a typical t-shirt, but a nice shirt that somehow expressed my vacation.
We had decided to meet at a certain place at 1:30 and the time was coming up way too fast. I found the shirt I wanted, but the cashier was nowhere to be seen. I waited a while, even jokingly said, "Ding! Ding!" and peeked my head out the doorway to see if anyone was nearby watching the little shop. Well, it was time to go, so I placed the shirt on the counter and headed to our meet-up place.
Once I got there, I saw that Seth and J were the only ones there. In the meantime, I had been texting my sister-in-law about cookie cutters because she collects them and I found a huge section of cookie cutters. Since we were the only ones there, we decided to go back and get last-minute items. I bought the cookie cutters and then went back to the little shop where I had left the shirt. The cashier had returned and apologized profusely for not being there. Seth looked around but didn't see what he wanted. We went back to the meeting point. A few people needed more time so Seth joined them to get the shirt he wanted while the rest of us headed back to the parking lot.
Seth somehow lost his way after finding his shirt and he couldn't figure out where the rest of us were. So, he just walked on and was nearly at Bob and Lou's house before I pulled over and picked him up.
It was finally beach time!
We changed into our swimsuits, grabbed towels and beach supplies, and headed to the beach to swim in the Atlantic ocean.
Most of the younger kids stayed on shore and played in the sand. K, J, my niece and a couple of my nephews went out and enjoyed the waves with us adults.
J is headed out with his cousin. K is still standing on shore.
Little A
After I had spent quite a bit of time swimming with the waves, I came back to the beach. 2 of my sisters are headed out for some ocean fun.
Aunt Lou plays with my niece.
Sara buries my nephews in the sand.
Another nephew digs in the sand.
Another nephew enjoys the waves.
Little A had started building her rock pile on the beach, but with the tide coming in, it's quickly going under water! My niece is also enjoying the beach.
My sisters are out talking to my dad.
Mom relaxing on the beach.
I'm here too! :)
K got buried, too!
It was certainly a blast. K took a fun ride on a boogie board in the waves. She was out having fun with us adults. When she was ready to head back into shore, my dad caught a good wave, gave her a push, and off she went, riding the wave for quite a ways back to shore.
I went out 3 times, each time it was getting more and more difficult to go out and back in. We finally decided it was time to head back to the house. We had a special anniversary to celebrate!
For supper, we were given the option of having lobster. I had never tried lobster before. Several people decided to try it.
So, I tried my first lobster ever. Andy helped me get the meat out of the shell. It was good...but it was hard to ignore the fact I was breaking apart an animal to eat it. I will have lobster again (in fact I already have), but not in this form. It was certainly an unforgettable experience that I'm glad I got to do. But I will never do it again! Haha
Uncle Ron grilled up hamburgers for anyone who didn't have lobster, and for those of us still hungry after the lobster.
The guys all worked together to cranked the ice cream.
After we finished eating, it began to rain, so we headed inside to have cake and ice cream and celebrate Bob and Lou's anniversary.
Ron and June, Mom and Papa, and Bob and Lou all got married on August 13th. All in different years. Ron and June and my parents were married on a Friday (yes, Friday the 13th) and Bob and Lou on a Monday. They try to celebrate together every year. This year is Bob and Lou's 40th anniversary.
First, we presented them with cake.
It has become a tradition for us 4 Cannon sisters to write a parody for such occasions. Well, it's usually Lisa or me who does the writing. I had surgery. Lisa had a baby. I had an extremely busy month of June. Lisa had surgery. But, somehow, I found the time and asked Lisa for some help when I got stuck. But, we got it finished and ready for the celebration. We sang a Green Acres parody including where Bob and Lou met, their pets, and their wedding day. They really enjoyed it. Then K and her cousin came up with this funny little dance and performed it for them as well.
Happy 40th anniversary Bob and Lou!! And happy anniversary to Mom and Papa, and Ron and June!!!
It was our last day in Rockport. The Piearsons were going to leave the group in the morning and take their time returning home. The rest of us wanted to get back by Sunday so we knew we had a couple of hard days of driving ahead.
Time to go home...
No comments:
Post a Comment