Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A day to celebrate

8 years ago, I went to the hospital to give birth to my second child.  I did not know the gender, but for the previous 3 weeks, its head was in position and ready to go.  However, as I was watching some TV the night before, there was A LOT of movement.  So when I arrived at the hospital, it was discovered that the baby's toes were headed into the birth canal.

I needed an emergency C-section.  I was so ready for a natural childbirth and the last thing I wanted was an epidural so the thought about that needle going into my back brought me to tears.  The baby was on its way out so everyone quickly got together and worked to get the baby out safely.

They pulled the baby out, having to pulling its leg out of the birth canal which caused some bruising.  Waiting in anticipation for whether or not it was a boy or a girl, the Drs. had a hard time figuring it out.  The baby had come bum up and the Drs. had a hard time turning the baby over to tell me what it was.  lol  Finally, "It's a...it's a....it's a...GIRL!!!"  We now had a boy and girl.  We already had a name picked out.

As we waited for the baby to get cleaned up and me to get stitched up, we heard they needed help resuscitating.  Our hearts dropped.  For 30 long seconds, we prayed that our baby girl would be ok.  Finally, we heard her cry.  What a precious sound!!!  Praise the Lord that she was alright.

Today, that little miracle baby is 8 years old.  She's spunky....as I mentioned in my last post.  She has such a big heart for those who do not know Jesus.  She's not afraid to share her faith with people.  She's always singing....especially in public bathrooms.  :)  I love her to death and I'm excited to celebrate her 8th birthday today.


2 comments:

  1. I just cant believe how big she is getting. I remember holding her and loving on her. Don't think she would let me do that now....thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete